Old 07-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Art Edwards

Default How do you get rid of gnome-panel

Following an exchange on google+, I decided to try gnome panel in
gnome-classic (under precise). After I installed it in the startup
programs, two things happened:

1. I lost gnome-classic to unity. That is, when I choose gnome-classic
during login, unity comes up.

2. Even after I've removed gnome-panel from the startup programs, it
steps on the xfce panel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Art Edwards