Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Axel-Iwan Lagerborg

Default Use of TOR (Anonimus) with Evolution

Please advise on HOWTO Use TOR with Evolution.

How does the 'encription work ?

With thanks for any help forthcoming...

Old 07-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Mika Suomalainen

Old 07-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Graham Todd

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 10:41:02 +0100
Axel-Iwan Lagerborg <uraliin.asti@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Please advise on HOWTO Use TOR with Evolution.
>
> How does the 'encription work ?
>
> With thanks for any help forthcoming...

As I understand things (and I am willing to be corrected) Tor simply
bounces your connection with the internet round an onion network, so
that your real IP address cannot be determined, and it gives you
anonymity by that method.

When you install Tor, you have to use the Tor browser which makes all
your connections with the internet go through the Tor onion network. I
don't know if its true, but intuition tells me that emails send do
NOT go through the Tor network unless they are by webmail through a
Tor secured browser.

Evolution doesn't fall into that category, so I'd be very careful
about being anonymous when using Evolution.

Encryption? Well,my version of Firefox allows me to have the extensions
"HTTPS ANYWHERE!" and "HTTPS Finder" installed. These are not
encryption devices but use the secure SSL connection,and makes sure
that the connection is secure.

Hope I've got it right and this is of some help to you.

-- Graham Todd