Old 07-22-2012, 12:47 AM
MR ZenWiz

Default Missing driver or bad hardware?

It's time for that wonderful experience again, to back up my system
disks, and it's not working properly.

I have a KingWin Hot Swap KF-1000-BK SATA plug-in shell for
hot-swapping the backup disk in and out of my system. When I was
running Maverick, this just worked without any issues.

However, now that I'm on Xubuntu Precise, the system does not
recognize the drive when I put it in.

If I connect it via a USB "hot swap" connector, it works fine.

Is there a driver that might be responsible, or just the hardware failing?

Thanks.

MR

Old 07-22-2012, 12:48 AM
MR ZenWiz

It's time for that wonderful experience again, to back up my system
disks, and it's not working properly.

I have a KingWin Hot Swap KF-1000-BK SATA plug-in shell for
hot-swapping the backup disk in and out of my system. When I was
running Maverick, this just worked without any issues.

However, now that I'm on Xubuntu Precise, the system does not
recognize the drive when I put it in.

If I connect the disk via a USB "hot swap" connector, it works fine.