-   -   Missing driver or bad hardware? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/686053-missing-driver-bad-hardware.html)

MR ZenWiz 07-22-2012 12:47 AM

Missing driver or bad hardware?

It's time for that wonderful experience again, to back up my system
disks, and it's not working properly.

I have a KingWin Hot Swap KF-1000-BK SATA plug-in shell for
hot-swapping the backup disk in and out of my system. When I was
running Maverick, this just worked without any issues.

However, now that I'm on Xubuntu Precise, the system does not
recognize the drive when I put it in.

If I connect it via a USB "hot swap" connector, it works fine.

Is there a driver that might be responsible, or just the hardware failing?

Thanks.

MR

MR ZenWiz 07-22-2012 12:48 AM

Missing driver or bad hardware?

It's time for that wonderful experience again, to back up my system
disks, and it's not working properly.

I have a KingWin Hot Swap KF-1000-BK SATA plug-in shell for
hot-swapping the backup disk in and out of my system. When I was
running Maverick, this just worked without any issues.

However, now that I'm on Xubuntu Precise, the system does not
recognize the drive when I put it in.

If I connect the disk via a USB "hot swap" connector, it works fine.