Old 07-21-2012, 11:16 PM
rswanson

Default Importing Kmail files from Kubuntu 6.06 to newer Kubuntu

I had to update my old system, (Kubuntu 6.06), and because the
files are so important to me as a listowner of a group , I backed up the
old drive and replaced it with a new HD and Kubuntu 11.04, but the new
kmail would not import the older kmail files. They are in the /Mail
folder, and are available, but the subject line is not readable.
I have tried importing the mail files with Kmail, Thunderbird, and
SeaMonkey, with no luck.
I installed the original Kubuntu HD in another computer, and I can
read the files, but that doesn't solve my problem.
Does anyone have any way to successfully import the older files to my
new system? Would it work to install another, older, Kubuntu system and
import the files that way? I can't just dump the system and start again
and there are too many files to do it manually. ( over 40,000 )

Thanks,
Bob

Old 07-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Ric Moore

[...]

There should be an export/backup feature in your older version of kmail.
So, from the machine with the older version, export it and copy that to
your new machine and see if it will import. You might try the KDE
website to see if there is a how-to export/import from an older version
to a newer version as well. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 07-22-2012, 03:14 AM
rswanson

Ric Moore wrote:

[...]

Thanks, I'll have a look. I had been using sync to back up my system,
so the files were the same as the originals.

Bob

Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Ric Moore

[...]

Good luck! Like you, I keep everything worth keeping. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html