Old 07-19-2012, 07:30 AM
"G. "

Default install on eee 1000h resolved

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Gilles Gravier <ggravier@fsfe.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> (resent from the correct address)
>
> Just as a brief point of information, I have an EeePC 900 running stock
> Ubuntu 12.04 off of the internal flash drive. And I have a 16GB SDHC in
> the SD slot with a data volume encrypted with Truecrypt. It all works
> very nicely.
>
> Gilles
>
> On 18/07/2012 17:06, G. wrote:

>>> Can you give us the whole list of partitions?
>>>
>>> It might be some sort of system recovery or diagnostics volume.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Liam Proven • Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
>>> Email: lproven@cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
>>> MSN: lproven@hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
>>> Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884
>>>
>>> --
>> sda1 ntfs 82 gigs used 21, unused 60, boot
>> sda2 ntfs 37 gigs, 3 gig used no flags
>> unallocated 24 gigs (I created this for Lubuntu)
>> sda3 (Labled P3), 4.89 gigs, 3 .28 used, flags- hidden, lba
>> sda4 ! file system unknown 47MiB no flags
>>
>> sorry lubuntu does not seem to have a screen shot on live cd
>>
>> gary
>>

> --
> Signature Home Chastity
> Gilles Gravier- Gilles@Gravier.org <mailto:Gilles@Gravier.org>
> GSM : +33618347147 <callto://+33618347147> and +41794728437
> <callto://+41794728437>
> Skype : ggravier <callto://ggravier>| PGP Key: 0x8DE6D026
> <http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x8DE6D026&op=index>

Then 12 should work fine on the 1000.

I installed Lubuntu on sda2 (D drive) and it works great.

Very quick, does most things except for the fancy bells and whistles
you find on 12. I like those fancy bells and whistles.

I'd installed ubuntu in a situation like this before except for that
unidentified partition. I was not sure what to make of that. Thanks
for the assistance

garyk
garyk

Old 07-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Johnny Rosenberg

2012/7/19 G. <pegngaryubuntu@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Gilles Gravier <ggravier@fsfe.org> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> (resent from the correct address)
>>
>> Just as a brief point of information, I have an EeePC 900 running stock
>> Ubuntu 12.04 off of the internal flash drive. And I have a 16GB SDHC in
>> the SD slot with a data volume encrypted with Truecrypt. It all works
>> very nicely.
>>
>> Gilles

>>> sda1 ntfs 82 gigs used 21, unused 60, boot
>>> sda2 ntfs 37 gigs, 3 gig used no flags
>>> unallocated 24 gigs (I created this for Lubuntu)
>>> sda3 (Labled P3), 4.89 gigs, 3 .28 used, flags- hidden, lba
>>> sda4 ! file system unknown 47MiB no flags
>>>
>>> sorry lubuntu does not seem to have a screen shot on live cd
>>>
>>> gary
>>>

>> --
>> Signature Home Chastity
>> Gilles Gravier- Gilles@Gravier.org <mailto:Gilles@Gravier.org>
>> GSM : +33618347147 <callto://+33618347147> and +41794728437
>> <callto://+41794728437>
>> Skype : ggravier <callto://ggravier>| PGP Key: 0x8DE6D026
>> <http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x8DE6D026&op=index>
>>

>> --
>
> Then 12 should work fine on the 1000.
>
> I installed Lubuntu on sda2 (D drive) and it works great.
>
> Very quick, does most things except for the fancy bells and whistles
> you find on 12. I like those fancy bells and whistles.

Hm… 12 as in 12.04? Isn't Lubuntu also 12.04?

By the way, I installed Xubuntu 12.04 on an EeePC 900, and failed to
make the Compiz desktop cube work properly. Did you have any problems
with that? Or didn't you bother to install Compiz at all? I mean,
since you seem to like ”bells and whistles”. If it's easier to make it
work in Lubuntu, I might give it a try to install it on my Eee instead
of Xubuntu. I already run LXDE along with Gnome on another laptop, but
without the Compiz effects (since I play a game that isn't smooth
enough with my Gnome desktop – too few frames/second), and I guess
installing Lubuntu isn't the same thing as just adding LXDE to an
existing Ubuntu install (which is too old anyway – 10.10).

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・*ーゼンバーグ

Old 07-20-2012, 04:56 AM
"G. "

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
<gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/7/19 G. <pegngaryubuntu@gmail.com>:
>> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Gilles Gravier <ggravier@fsfe.org> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> (resent from the correct address)
>>>
>>> Just as a brief point of information, I have an EeePC 900 running stock
>>> Ubuntu 12.04 off of the internal flash drive. And I have a 16GB SDHC in
>>> the SD slot with a data volume encrypted with Truecrypt. It all works
>>> very nicely.
>>>
>>> Gilles

>>> --
>>> Signature Home Chastity
>>> Gilles Gravier- Gilles@Gravier.org <mailto:Gilles@Gravier.org>
>>> GSM : +33618347147 <callto://+33618347147> and +41794728437
>>> <callto://+41794728437>
>>> Skype : ggravier <callto://ggravier>| PGP Key: 0x8DE6D026
>>> <http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x8DE6D026&op=index>
>>>

>>> --
>>
>> Then 12 should work fine on the 1000.
>>
>> I installed Lubuntu on sda2 (D drive) and it works great.
>>
>> Very quick, does most things except for the fancy bells and whistles
>> you find on 12. I like those fancy bells and whistles.
>
> Hm… 12 as in 12.04? Isn't Lubuntu also 12.04?
>
> By the way, I installed Xubuntu 12.04 on an EeePC 900, and failed to
> make the Compiz desktop cube work properly. Did you have any problems
> with that? Or didn't you bother to install Compiz at all? I mean,
> since you seem to like ”bells and whistles”. If it's easier to make it
> work in Lubuntu, I might give it a try to install it on my Eee instead
> of Xubuntu. I already run LXDE along with Gnome on another laptop, but
> without the Compiz effects (since I play a game that isn't smooth
> enough with my Gnome desktop – too few frames/second), and I guess
> installing Lubuntu isn't the same thing as just adding LXDE to an
> existing Ubuntu install (which is too old anyway – 10.10).
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg
> ジョニー・*ーゼンバーグ
>

>> I'd installed ubuntu in a situation like this before except for that
>> unidentified partition. I was not sure what to make of that. Thanks
>> for the assistance
>>

>> garyk
>> garyk
>>
>> --

Johnny I did not install compiz. The idea was to make it fast.
Apparently it would work fine in light of the comments above.

We are not supposed to top post in these threads. Let me know if you try.

garyk

Old 07-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Johnny Rosenberg

2012/7/20 G. <pegngaryubuntu@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
> <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Then 12 should work fine on the 1000.
>>>
>>> I installed Lubuntu on sda2 (D drive) and it works great.
>>>
>>> Very quick, does most things except for the fancy bells and whistles
>>> you find on 12. I like those fancy bells and whistles.
>>
>> Hm… 12 as in 12.04? Isn't Lubuntu also 12.04?
>>
>> By the way, I installed Xubuntu 12.04 on an EeePC 900, and failed to
>> make the Compiz desktop cube work properly. Did you have any problems
>> with that? Or didn't you bother to install Compiz at all? I mean,
>> since you seem to like ”bells and whistles”. If it's easier to make it
>> work in Lubuntu, I might give it a try to install it on my Eee instead
>> of Xubuntu. I already run LXDE along with Gnome on another laptop, but
>> without the Compiz effects (since I play a game that isn't smooth
>> enough with my Gnome desktop – too few frames/second), and I guess
>> installing Lubuntu isn't the same thing as just adding LXDE to an
>> existing Ubuntu install (which is too old anyway – 10.10).
>>

>> Kind regards
>>
>> Johnny Rosenberg
>> ジョニー・*ーゼンバーグ
>>

>>> I'd installed ubuntu in a situation like this before except for that
>>> unidentified partition. I was not sure what to make of that. Thanks
>>> for the assistance
>>>

>>> garyk
>>> garyk
>>>
>>> --
>

> Johnny I did not install compiz. The idea was to make it fast.
> Apparently it would work fine in light of the comments above.
>
> We are not supposed to top post in these threads.

Yes, I know. That's why I never do that.

> Let me know if you try.

I will.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg