-   -   install on eee 1000h (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/684827-install-eee-1000h.html)

"G. " 07-18-2012 01:02 PM

install on eee 1000h

A friend with a somewhat older eee 1000h on it would like me to
install ubuntu for her (will probably go with lubuntu as it works well
off the usb and a regular install would probably be a bit much for
this machine).

However there are already 4 partitions on this machine. One has only
39 megabytes on it. Gparted lists it as a unknown type. Since she
needs to keep XP on here, how can I tell if deleting that partition
will do harm? Not found an answer by googling for it at least not so
far.

Thanks

garyk

Liam Proven 07-18-2012 01:23 PM

install on eee 1000h

On 18 July 2012 14:02, G. <pegngaryubuntu@gmail.com> wrote:
> A friend with a somewhat older eee 1000h on it would like me to
> install ubuntu for her (will probably go with lubuntu as it works well
> off the usb and a regular install would probably be a bit much for
> this machine).
>
> However there are already 4 partitions on this machine. One has only
> 39 megabytes on it. Gparted lists it as a unknown type. Since she
> needs to keep XP on here, how can I tell if deleting that partition
> will do harm? Not found an answer by googling for it at least not so
> far.

Can you give us the whole list of partitions?

It might be some sort of system recovery or diagnostics volume.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884