Old 07-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Jim Byrnes

Default Vmware player on 10.04

I've seen several people say that they like the vmware player better
than Virtual Box. I'd like to try it but have a couple of questions.

I have XP running in vbox but am just about out of virtual disk space.
Can I setup say a 30 GB vmplayer instance and then import/convert my 15
GB vbox XP setup to use it?

Is there a good set of guidelines on installing it on 10.04? I couldn't
find a PPA and the guides I found a pretty old and I wonder if they are
still relevant.

Thanks, Jim