-   -   Vmware player on 10.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/684568-vmware-player-10-04-a.html)

Jim Byrnes 07-17-2012 05:02 PM

Vmware player on 10.04

I've seen several people say that they like the vmware player better
than Virtual Box. I'd like to try it but have a couple of questions.

I have XP running in vbox but am just about out of virtual disk space.
Can I setup say a 30 GB vmplayer instance and then import/convert my 15
GB vbox XP setup to use it?

Is there a good set of guidelines on installing it on 10.04? I couldn't
find a PPA and the guides I found a pretty old and I wonder if they are
still relevant.

Thanks, Jim