Old 07-14-2012, 12:08 PM
R Kimber

Default Mate menus

After experimenting with Mint, I decided to have Ubuntu 12.04 with Mate.

Installation has gone OK, but I notice that quite a few menu items are
present in duplicate and in one or two cases (e.g. LibreOffice writer) there
is no icon. The duplicate items start the same program, but there are some
differences that make me think different themes are being used.

Anyone seen this? Is this a bug that should be reported? If so, does Ubuntu
have any interest in Mate, or should it go to the Mate developers?

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources

Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Mika Suomalainen

Old 07-14-2012, 09:59 PM
R Kimber

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 13:08:30 +0100
R Kimber wrote:

> After experimenting with Mint, I decided to have Ubuntu 12.04 with Mate.
>
> Installation has gone OK, but I notice that quite a few menu items are
> present in duplicate and in one or two cases (e.g. LibreOffice writer)
> there is no icon. The duplicate items start the same program, but there
> are some differences that make me think different themes are being used.
>
> Anyone seen this? Is this a bug that should be reported? If so, does
> Ubuntu have any interest in Mate, or should it go to the Mate developers?

After several reboots, installing hardware drivers etc., it seems to have
righted itself ... weird.

- Richard

Old 07-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Jim Byrnes

After experimenting with Mint, I decided to have Ubuntu 12.04 with Mate.

Installation has gone OK, but I notice that quite a few menu items are
present in duplicate and in one or two cases (e.g. LibreOffice writer)
there is no icon. The duplicate items start the same program, but there
are some differences that make me think different themes are being used.

Anyone seen this? Is this a bug that should be reported? If so, does
Ubuntu have any interest in Mate, or should it go to the Mate developers?

After several reboots, installing hardware drivers etc., it seems to have
righted itself ... weird.

- Richard

I have the same problem except for LibreOffice office which is ok, so I
was hoping you would find a solution. I have rebooted a number of times
but still see the duplicate entries. The entries in the menu appear to
be the same but at least in one case the programs they launch are different.

If I go Applications-->System Tools--> Disk Usage Analyzer. The first
one on the menu opens Baobab 1.2.0 and the second one opens Baobab
3.4.1. I wonder if there is any guide that lets you determine which
belong to Unity and which to Mate? I would like to remove the Unity
ones and keep the Mate ones.

Regards, Jim

Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Mika Suomalainen