Old 07-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Saikat Saha

Default Shift+till key not working from Ubuntu 10.04

Hi all,

I have a problem in Ubuntu 10.04 with the keyboard. When I push
shift+till key, it will give the output of > key only in my laptop.
But this key is working fine from windows 7 system.

Please help me to solve this.

Thanks,
Saikat Saha

Old 07-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Steve Flynn

On 12 July 2012 07:09, Saikat Saha <saikat.80in@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem in Ubuntu 10.04 with the keyboard. When I push
> shift+till key, it will give the output of > key only in my laptop.
> But this key is working fine from windows 7 system.

What's a "till" key? Do you mean Tilde?

> Please help me to solve this.

System - Preferences - Keyboard and pick the layout you require.

--
Steve

Old 07-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Saikat Saha

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Tilde key is working in English(US) keyboard layout. Now when I push
left shift+pipe, it is taken greater key(>).I check the English(US)
keyboard layout & there are four key option(<,>,|,). Now please let
me know how I can change the key option here with other two option
(|,).

Regards,
Saikat Saha