-   -   Shift+till key not working from Ubuntu 10.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/682780-shift-till-key-not-working-ubuntu-10-04-a.html)

Saikat Saha 07-12-2012 06:09 AM

Shift+till key not working from Ubuntu 10.04

Hi all,

I have a problem in Ubuntu 10.04 with the keyboard. When I push
shift+till key, it will give the output of > key only in my laptop.
But this key is working fine from windows 7 system.

Please help me to solve this.

Thanks,
Saikat Saha

Steve Flynn 07-12-2012 10:20 AM

On 12 July 2012 07:09, Saikat Saha <saikat.80in@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem in Ubuntu 10.04 with the keyboard. When I push
> shift+till key, it will give the output of > key only in my laptop.
> But this key is working fine from windows 7 system.

What's a "till" key? Do you mean Tilde?

> Please help me to solve this.

System - Preferences - Keyboard and pick the layout you require.

--
Steve

Saikat Saha 07-13-2012 05:31 AM

Shift+till key not working from Ubuntu 10.04

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Tilde key is working in English(US) keyboard layout. Now when I push
left shift+pipe, it is taken greater key(>).I check the English(US)
keyboard layout & there are four key option(<,>,|,). Now please let
me know how I can change the key option here with other two option
(|,).

Regards,
Saikat Saha