Old 07-10-2012, 10:17 AM
oxy

Default kill botton on unity

Hi

old fvwm2 had sometimes a predefined "kill bottom".
You click the bottom and then the app window and u
kill it.

How would u create such a bottom on Unity?
Better on the side panel and not on the desktop
itself.

thx...

Old 07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Sam Sebastian

Not sure how you would go about doing but I think that you could just make a shortcut that was set to open xkill an then drag it onto the launcher if the drag and drop doesn't do it I think thay there is some folder that holds all of the .desktop files for the unity launcher

Old 07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Jared Norris

On 10 July 2012 20:17, oxy <oxyopes@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> old fvwm2 had sometimes a predefined "kill bottom".
> You click the bottom and then the app window and u
> kill it.
>
> How would u create such a bottom on Unity?
> Better on the side panel and not on the desktop
> itself.
>
> thx...

I think what you are looking for is discussed in a thread on the forum
- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861198 - it is reported to
add a force quit button to a Unity desktop.

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 PM
oxy

>I think what you are looking for is discussed in a thread on the forum
>- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861198 - it is reported to
>add a force quit button to a Unity desktop.

no, i dont want it in the desktop but in the side bar!
:-(

Old 07-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Colin Law

On 11 July 2012 16:15, oxy <oxyopes@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>I think what you are looking for is discussed in a thread on the forum
>>- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861198 - it is reported to
>>add a force quit button to a Unity desktop.
>
> no, i dont want it in the desktop but in the side bar!

It can be in the launcher. In comment #2 where it says "drag it from
the dash" it means drag it to the launcher. To find it in the dash
type Force and it should find it.

Colin

Old 07-11-2012, 04:57 PM
"G. "

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 11 July 2012 16:15, oxy <oxyopes@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>>I think what you are looking for is discussed in a thread on the forum
>>>- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861198 - it is reported to
>>>add a force quit button to a Unity desktop.
>>
>> no, i dont want it in the desktop but in the side bar!
>
> It can be in the launcher. In comment #2 where it says "drag it from
> the dash" it means drag it to the launcher. To find it in the dash
> type Force and it should find it.
>
> Colin
>
>> :-(
>>
>> --

I tried the solution in the link above and it worked perfectly.

garyk

Old 07-16-2012, 06:42 PM
oxy

>- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861198 - it is reported to