Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Ubuntu User (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/)
-   -   kill botton on unity (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/681933-kill-botton-unity.html)

oxy 07-10-2012 10:17 AM

kill botton on unity
 
Hi

old fvwm2 had sometimes a predefined "kill bottom".
You click the bottom and then the app window and u
kill it.

How would u create such a bottom on Unity?
Better on the side panel and not on the desktop
itself.

thx...

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Sam Sebastian 07-10-2012 11:29 AM

kill botton on unity
 
Not sure how you would go about doing but I think that you could just make a shortcut that was set to open xkill an then drag it onto the launcher if the drag and drop doesn't do it I think thay there is some folder that holds all of the .desktop files for the unity launcher


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Jared Norris 07-10-2012 11:30 AM

kill botton on unity
 
On 10 July 2012 20:17, oxy <oxyopes@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> old fvwm2 had sometimes a predefined "kill bottom".
> You click the bottom and then the app window and u
> kill it.
>
> How would u create such a bottom on Unity?
> Better on the side panel and not on the desktop
> itself.
>
> thx...
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

I think what you are looking for is discussed in a thread on the forum
- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861198 - it is reported to
add a force quit button to a Unity desktop.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

oxy 07-11-2012 03:15 PM

kill botton on unity
 
>I think what you are looking for is discussed in a thread on the forum
>- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861198 - it is reported to
>add a force quit button to a Unity desktop.

no, i dont want it in the desktop but in the side bar!
:-(

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Colin Law 07-11-2012 03:51 PM

kill botton on unity
 
On 11 July 2012 16:15, oxy <oxyopes@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>I think what you are looking for is discussed in a thread on the forum
>>- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861198 - it is reported to
>>add a force quit button to a Unity desktop.
>
> no, i dont want it in the desktop but in the side bar!

It can be in the launcher. In comment #2 where it says "drag it from
the dash" it means drag it to the launcher. To find it in the dash
type Force and it should find it.

Colin

> :-(
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

"G. " 07-11-2012 04:57 PM

kill botton on unity
 
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 11 July 2012 16:15, oxy <oxyopes@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>>I think what you are looking for is discussed in a thread on the forum
>>>- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861198 - it is reported to
>>>add a force quit button to a Unity desktop.
>>
>> no, i dont want it in the desktop but in the side bar!
>
> It can be in the launcher. In comment #2 where it says "drag it from
> the dash" it means drag it to the launcher. To find it in the dash
> type Force and it should find it.
>
> Colin
>
>> :-(
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

I tried the solution in the link above and it worked perfectly.


garyk

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

oxy 07-16-2012 06:42 PM

kill botton on unity
 
>- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861198 - it is reported to

yes, it does work... thx a lot...

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:03 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.