Old 07-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Roger

Default Problem printing with Precise

We have Precise installed on a Toshiba laptop and have printing problem
with Samsung CLP-320N colour laser printer.
We installed UnifiedLinuxDriver_1.07.tar.gz. Cups finds the driver and
prints but it prints every line with a white space between each. For
example, it will print the top of the line then on the next line down, a
white space, then on the third line prints the bottom of the first line.
It also prints 2 elongated pages on a page squashed together vertically.
We have gone through the printer settings and are stuck.

We have checked and re-installed the cups printer, checked the
/var/log/cups which reports:
W [10/Jul/2012:17:35:42 +1000] failed to CreateProfile:
org.freedesktop.ColorManager.AlreadyExistsrofile id
'Samsung-CLP-320-Series-Gray..' already exists
W [10/Jul/2012:17:35:42 +1000] failed to CreateDevice:
org.freedesktop.ColorManager.AlreadyExists:device id
'cups-Samsung-CLP-320-Series' already exists

about 20 times.
Google is of no help!

Has anyone successfully installed this printer and solved the problem?
Thank you in advance
Roger