-   -   do-release-upgrade failing (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/681456-do-release-upgrade-failing.html)

Avi Greenbury 07-09-2012 06:10 AM

do-release-upgrade failing

Bahn, Nathan wrote:

> $ do-release-upgrade
> Checking for a new ubuntu release
> Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method
> MetaReleaseCore.download of
> <UpdateManager.Core.MetaRelease.MetaReleaseCore object at
> 0x7fc70c066090>> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/UpdateManager/Core/MetaRelease.py",
> line 261, in download

The fact that urlopen here is failing suggest that the problem is
simply one of connecting to the Ubuntu servers. I agree that this is
not a good way to tell you this.

Does apt-get work? For example, can you run

sudo apt-get update

? Could you post the content of your /etc/apt/sources.list?

Thanks!

--
Avi