-   -   Need nfs on new install (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/681429-need-nfs-new-install.html)

Gene Heskett 07-09-2012 02:20 AM

Need nfs on new install

Greetings;

I did have nfs working to two other machines, just the /home/myname
directories from this machine to a pair of 10.04-4-LTS installs in my shop.
That was with an uptodate pclos install on this box, but I got tired of the
stuff pclos wouldn't let me do, so I installed that same 10.04-4 LTS on
this machine. I have installed enough kde that I can run kmail & play some
games, but nowhere near all of it.

autofs is installed and running, and I have exported the /home/me share in
/etc/exports. And which cannot be seen by either of the shop machines.

No nfs shares are showing on either end of the cat5, regardless of how many
times I restart autofs.

Then looking for help, I typed man nfs and get instructions on how to add a
stanza or two to my /etc/fstab, something I never had to do before! I have
3 former main drives here, nfs worked with a pclos install, it worked with
a mandriva install, and neither of those fstabs have a thing about nfs
mounts in them. The 3rd drive did have centos6.2 on it, but I couldn't get
so much stuff to work there it only lasted 2 weeks.

So what do I do next?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)