-   -   LBP 3000 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/681175-lbp-3000-a.html)

Jared Norris 07-08-2012 04:51 AM

LBP 3000

On 8 July 2012 14:23, Nick Bikkal <29.whitesnake@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am trying to install a Canon LBP 3000 printer but have not yet succeeded after several tries. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Any recommendation is appreciated.
>
> Nick
>
> Sent from my iPhone

I'm not sure what you're trying but what appears to be a comprehensive
guide is available on the official community wiki -
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CanonCaptDrv190

If you follow the steps outlined please provide details on what errors
you get at any of the stages listed throughout the page so we may help
further.

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

Nick Bikkal 07-08-2012 08:01 AM

LBP 3000

I'm not sure what you're trying but what appears to be a comprehensive
guide is available on the official community wiki -
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CanonCaptDrv190 If you follow the
steps outlined please provide details on what errors you get at any of
the stages listed throughout the page so we may help further.

Jared,

Followed these steps already. Tried it several times. No luck. Don't get
any errors. Simply nothing prints. I don't use 64 bit so I ignore it.
Right!?

--
Nick

Ubuntu on Duo

Nick Bikkal 07-09-2012 08:15 AM

LBP 3000

Jared,

Nick

Sent from my iPhone

> I'm not sure what you're trying but what appears to be a comprehensive
> guide is available on the official community wiki -
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CanonCaptDrv190
>
> If you follow the steps outlined please provide details on what errors
> you get at any of the stages listed throughout the page so we may help
> further.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

I installed things just as suggested in the above site. I worked on it several times. I get no errors other than 'processing - not connected'.

I'm using local host 59787. In printer state I get 'processing - the printer is busy'.