Old 07-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Sharl Jimh Tsin

Default Development on Thunderbird stopped.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Mika Suomalainen

Old 07-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Ric Moore

On 07/07/2012 01:12 AM, Sharl Jimh Tsin wrote:

On 2012?07?07? 10:12, Jim Byrnes wrote:

Just noticed this link on another list but haven't seen any mention
of it here yet.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/06/so-thats-it-for-thunderbird/

Looks like desktop email programs are fading in favor of webmail
solutions. Hopefully gmail will not be the new Ubuntu default.

Regards, Jim

what a pity,thunderbird client is my favorite project.

I, for one, am glad they're leaving something that works alone.
I wish Ubuntu would do the same. Just leave it to hell alone and fix
what's broken and get the ppa's updated with the latest and greatest
instead. THAT would be nice. I almost wish they'd roll back to 10.04 and
fix the broken bits. It's gotten wacko as of late. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 07-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Nick Bikkal

Ric

Nick

> I, for one, am glad they're leaving something that works alone.
> I wish Ubuntu would do the same. Just leave it to hell alone and fix what's broken and get the ppa's updated with the latest and greatest instead. THAT would be nice. I almost wish they'd roll back to 10.04 and fix the broken bits. It's gotten wacko as of late. Ric

> I couldn't agree more.

Nick

Old 07-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Gene Heskett

On Saturday 07 July 2012 07:29:35 Ric Moore did opine:

> On 07/07/2012 01:12 AM, Sharl Jimh Tsin wrote:
> >
> > On 2012?07?07? 10:12, Jim Byrnes wrote:
> >> Just noticed this link on another list but haven't seen any mention
> >> of it here yet.
> >>
> >> http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/06/so-thats-it-for-thunderbird/
> >>
> >> Looks like desktop email programs are fading in favor of webmail
> >> solutions. Hopefully gmail will not be the new Ubuntu default.
> >>
> >> Regards, Jim
> >
> > what a pity,thunderbird client is my favorite project.
>
> I, for one, am glad they're leaving something that works alone.
> I wish Ubuntu would do the same. Just leave it to hell alone and fix
> what's broken and get the ppa's updated with the latest and greatest
> instead. THAT would be nice. I almost wish they'd roll back to 10.04 and
> fix the broken bits. It's gotten wacko as of late. Ric

+1, but I am on 10.04 and the scheduler sucks. I'm used to the bfs patches.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> Where in the US is Linus?

He was in the "Promise Land".