-   -   Perf tool support in any ubuntu release (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/680757-perf-tool-support-any-ubuntu-release.html)

Rizwana Begum 07-06-2012 03:26 PM

Perf tool support in any ubuntu release

Hello All,
I am trying to use perf tool. I have installed ubuntu 12.04 on Pandaboard. After booting up the system, installed linux-tools. Which installed linux-tools-3.0.0-25. running the perf, gives following error.

perf_3.0.0-25 stat ls
Error: open_counter returned with 19 (No such device). /bin/dmesg may provide additional information.

Fatal: Not all events could be opened.

How do I fix the above problem? Did anyone get the perf to work on any ubuntu releases on Pandaboard? I can use any build if perf and cpufreq are available.*

I have actually tried various builds.(11.04,11.10, 12.04 and 12.10 alpha). However, I couldn't get perf tool to work in any of these builds with the above steps.

This issue is actually blocking my research. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you