Old 07-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Oliver Grawert

Default Marlin ppa

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 05.07.2012, 16:03 +0100 schrieb Colin Law:
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/marlin-devs/marlin-daily/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-i386/Packages
> 403 Forbidden
>
> Initially I thought it might be a temporary issue but It has been like
> this for at least 18 hours. Any suggestions as to what the problem
> might be?

from https://launchpad.net/~marlin-devs/+archive/marlin-daily

"For questions and bugs with software in this PPA please contact
marlin-devs."

ciao
oli

Old 07-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Colin Law

On 5 July 2012 16:50, Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 05.07.2012, 16:03 +0100 schrieb Colin Law:
>> W: Failed to fetch
>> http://ppa.launchpad.net/marlin-devs/marlin-daily/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-i386/Packages
>> 403 Forbidden
>>
>> Initially I thought it might be a temporary issue but It has been like
>> this for at least 18 hours. Any suggestions as to what the problem
>> might be?
>
> from https://launchpad.net/~marlin-devs/+archive/marlin-daily
>
> "For questions and bugs with software in this PPA please contact
> marlin-devs."

Good point. Thanks

In fact the problem seems to have fixed itself. I knew I should have
waited another half hour.

Marlin looks good at first glance by the way.

Colin

Old 07-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Colin Law

On 5 July 2012 17:43, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 5 July 2012 16:50, Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> hi,
>> Am Donnerstag, den 05.07.2012, 16:03 +0100 schrieb Colin Law:
>>> W: Failed to fetch
>>> http://ppa.launchpad.net/marlin-devs/marlin-daily/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-i386/Packages
>>> 403 Forbidden
>>>
>>> Initially I thought it might be a temporary issue but It has been like
>>> this for at least 18 hours. Any suggestions as to what the problem
>>> might be?
>>
>> from https://launchpad.net/~marlin-devs/+archive/marlin-daily
>>
>> "For questions and bugs with software in this PPA please contact
>> marlin-devs."
>
> Good point. Thanks
>
> In fact the problem seems to have fixed itself. I knew I should have
> waited another half hour.
>
> Marlin looks good at first glance by the way.

Just to close this off it was not an issue with the ppa at all, but
was due to the fact that I am using squid-deb-proxy. What I had not
realised was that in order to use ppa.launchpad.net I have to add it
to /etc/squid-deb-proxy/mirror-dstdomain.acl on the proxy server. It
seems odd that this is not there by default, and while researching the
problem I found this bug [1] which suggests that it was added some
time ago, but it was not there in my copy.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/squid-deb-proxy/+bug/541576

Colin