-   -   Ubuntu query about no icon (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/680432-ubuntu-query-about-no-icon.html)

Ansry 07-05-2012 03:04 PM

Ubuntu query about no icon

Hello

Bought a netbook that came pre-installed with Ubuntu 10.04. Now the problem is that there is no icon on the desktop for file browser. I have to plug in a usb and then only the file browser opens up. Also, I can't place any shortcut on desktop. When I try to, there is a shortcut created in the desktop folder within file browser but none on the actual desktop. Please help.

Thanks,

Sam Sebastian 07-05-2012 05:45 PM

Ubuntu query about no icon

What do you mean by 'no icon'? Do you mean that it looks like there should be one but the file is missing or do you mean there is not one there at all? How is it that you are trying to add the shortcut to the desktop? Iirc you can right-click on the program in the menu at the top left hand corner of the screen.