Old 07-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Pierre Girard

Default Can't save file with gedit and NFS4

Hello,
we have an NFS4 server and configured a client with NFS4 as well. We
can use kate, vi, emacs and other text editors to modify files but if we
use gedit, it can't save the file.

I tried to search for that problem and most of the bug reports I saw
were about SMB mounts.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gedit/+bug/34813?comments=all

It seems to be a 5 years old problem with no other solution than
switching to a different text editor which is annoying since many users
have been using that.

Forcing the mount to be NFS3 works, but we can't do that.

Thanks for your help.