-   -   SmartCard compatible reader (for SuisseID and in general) (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/680005-smartcard-compatible-reader-suisseid-general.html)

"Alexander Skwar (ML)" 07-04-2012 09:03 AM

SmartCard compatible reader (for SuisseID and in general)

Hi

At work, I'd like to be able to use SuisseID smart cards
(see http://postsuisseid.ch/de/kaufen or
https://suisseid-shop.ch/index.cfm?shoparticle=SID-01).

I'd "need" that, to sign in to shops/sites, which use
SuisseID as an authentication mechanism.

Those SuisseID certs come in two forms:

1) a "USB dongle"
2) a SmartCard

I guess the SmartCard might have more chances to work
under Linux (ie. Ubuntu 12.04 64bit).

Can someone suggest a compatible SmartCard reader?

Or would somebody even know, if those USB dongles
(from Quovadis or SwissSign) work under Linux? As
I said, I need it to login to sites, using Firefox
or Chrome (Chrome preferred). I don't need to sign
stuff.

Thanks,

Alexander
--