-   -   grub option (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/679958-grub-option.html)

Nick Bikkal 07-04-2012 05:47 AM

grub option

Latest update on my not being able now to even log into Ubuntu.

It gets stuck on two places. Either it stops when it is 'Checking
battery state...' or once I tried editing in Editing Menu I did clean
then dpkg finally I clicked on grub. When I went to reboot it gave me a
grub > option. I have no idea how to continue from here.

--
Nick

Sent from Windows XP on Duo Core

Colin Law 07-04-2012 08:02 AM

grub option

On 4 July 2012 06:47, Nick Bikkal <29.whitesnake@gmail.com> wrote:
> Latest update on my not being able now to even log into Ubuntu.
>
> It gets stuck on two places. Either it stops when it is 'Checking battery
> state...' or once I tried editing in Editing Menu I did clean then dpkg
> finally I clicked on grub. When I went to reboot it gave me a grub > option.
> I have no idea how to continue from here.

As I posted in the other thread it seems you have run out of disc
space. Boot from the live CD and run gparted, then you will be able
to see if the ubuntu partition is full. Then you can either mount
that partition and delete some files or use gparted to increase the
partition size.

Colin