Old 07-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Colin Law

Default remaster ubuntu alternate

On 4 July 2012 03:14, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 08:02 AM, Amaury VH wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Is there some particular reason why you couldn't have started a new
> thread rather than hijacking the original thread of "Can't log into Ubuntu"?

Probably because he/she did not realise that changing the subject was
not the same as starting a new thread. Lack of knowledge rather than
stupidity or malice.

> Is there some reason why long time subscribers to this list continue to
> respond to hijacked threads, go on your merry way, and simply ignore the
> fact that you've just contributed to the issue? Colin... Oliver...
> Liam... etc.

Sadly that, for me, that is as a result of using gmail, which treats a
change of subject line as a change of thread, so to me it appeared
that this is a new thread. I don't suppose there is any way we can
get gmail to follow threads correctly. I must apologise to the OP for
accidentally replying to a thread hijack.

Colin

Old 07-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Liam Proven

On 4 July 2012 03:14, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 08:02 AM, Amaury VH wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Is there some particular reason why you couldn't have started a new
> thread rather than hijacking the original thread of "Can't log into Ubuntu"?
>
> Is there some reason why long time subscribers to this list continue to
> respond to hijacked threads, go on your merry way, and simply ignore the
> fact that you've just contributed to the issue? Colin... Oliver...
> Liam... etc.

Looked like a new thread to me, here in Gmail.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 07-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Liam Proven

On 4 July 2012 03:42, Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you don't mind my saying so, since no moderators have, I would like to see these types of posts stopped. Can't we all treat each other equally? And top posting is okay

No, top-posting is *NOT* okay.

It is specifically banned in the list rules.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 07-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Mika Suomalainen

Old 07-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Liam Proven

On 4 July 2012 16:21, Mika Suomalainen <mika.henrik.mainio@hotmail.com> wrote:

> NOTICE! I am on mobile broadband with very limited time, so I cannot
> read emails very much.

If your bandwidth is so limited, do you really need a 48kB signature?!

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 07-04-2012, 07:47 PM
chris

On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 13:16 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 4 July 2012 03:42, Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you don't mind my saying so, since no moderators have, I would like to see these types of posts stopped. Can't we all treat each other equally? And top posting is okay
>
> No, top-posting is *NOT* okay.
>
> It is specifically banned in the list rules.

I think as we say at the bottom of the world "Your pushing Sh&*T up
hill with this one Liam.
Kill file > offenders
--
Cheers the Kiwi

Old 07-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Robert Holtzm

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 09:42:08PM -0500, Ryan Gauger wrote:
> If you don't mind my saying so, since no moderators have, I would like to see these types of posts stopped. Can't we all treat each other equally? And top posting is okay, compared to what has been going on on the list. It is quite annoying to see these tearing-down emails land in my inbox. I want to see emails that build people up.

Pointing out incorrect list usage is legitimate education, not "tearing
down". If you want to be exposed to only uplifting communication, join a
commune.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,