Old 07-02-2012, 05:08 PM
C de-Avillez

Default how to remaster a ubuntu distribution using as installer the debian installer

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:24:04 -0400
Amaury VH <avhernandez@uci.cu> wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to make an image to computers with low hardware performance. I
> want to make a customization of ubuntu 12.04 using the debian
> installer, rather, based on ubuntu 12.04 alternate

There is a description on how to do it in the Ubuntu help pages [1]. It
is based on the server image, but both server and alternate use
debian-installer, so you should not have a problem there.

There is also something called Ubuntu Customisation Kit [2], but I
never used it. Seems interesting, though.

Cheers,

..C..

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomization/
[2] http://tinyurl.com/5bo9s5

Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Amaury VH

I need to make an image to computers with low hardware performance. I
want to make a customization of ubuntu 12.04 using the debian
installer, rather, based on ubuntu 12.04 alternate

There is a description on how to do it in the Ubuntu help pages [1]. It
is based on the server image, but both server and alternate use
debian-installer, so you should not have a problem there.

There is also something called Ubuntu Customisation Kit [2], but I
never used it. Seems interesting, though.

Cheers,

..C..

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomization/
[2] http://tinyurl.com/5bo9s5