Old 07-02-2012, 05:18 AM
chris

Default VHS to computer save query

On Sun, 2012-07-01 at 21:44 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> Purposely started an new thread.
>
> On 07/01/2012 02:40 PM, Nick Bikkal wrote:> On 07/02/2012 06:35 AM, Ryan
> Gauger wrote:
> >> Let's focus on getting the problem solved, rather than chit-chatting,
> especially when the chit-chat is tearing people down, instead of being
> constructive and building-people up.
> >
> > Sorry,
> >
> > This was not meant to tear anyone down. I liked one of the movies
> > mentioned. Brought back good memories.
> >

> With apologies to squareyes & the rest of the list:
>
> Don't worry Nick... Gauger is a poseur, hypocrite, and blatant liar. For
> some reason he has decided to offer 'guidance' on this list starting
> last month... Not to worry, he'll next tell you:
>
> "Thank you. We will use your input to make the Ubuntu experience better."
>
> and that he's a member of the "Unity Design Team" when in actuality his
> entire involvement with UDT is a mailing list subscriber.
>
> Unfortunately the "moderators" of this list just let him continue. My
> suggestion is to just plonk him/killfile him and be done with it.

and he constantly top posts.
+1

Old 07-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Ric Moore

On 07/01/2012 05:24 PM, Nick Bikkal wrote:

Dave,

This doesn't answer your question, but:-

If your tapes are of commercial origin, more and more old stuff is being
"digitally remastered" from the original tapes and is available through
e.g. Amazon. For instance, I'm sure I looked several times in the past
but could not find a of DVD "Dune" - the version with Patrick Stewart
and Sting, but it is now available. Also bought "Two Mules for Sister
Sara" and "Chato's Land". For the few quid they cost it's not worth
messing around trying to convert them yourself IMHO. Also, at long last,
got a copy of "Back and Fourth" by Lindisfarne on a 2012 remastered CD.

Man, are we talking old movies!

Oh! The poor Krell! Monsters from the id! I had to wonder just how a
stumble down drunk cook made the crew roster for inter-planetary travel.
I've just finished watching "Forbidden Planet", remastered on DVD and
caught this thread! I found the entire "Victory at Sea" collection at
Wal Mart, in a 2 DVD set for $5. Found "Malcom X" yesterday in the very
same $5 pile. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 07-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Ric Moore

Let's focus on getting the problem solved, rather than chit-chatting, especially when the chit-chat is tearing people down, instead of being constructive and building-people up.

Who asked you for permission?? ;( Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 07-02-2012, 06:31 AM
chris

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 01:44 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 07/01/2012 05:35 PM, Ryan Gauger wrote:
> > Let's focus on getting the problem solved, rather than chit-chatting, especially when the chit-chat is tearing people down, instead of being constructive and building-people up.
>
> Who asked you for permission?? ;( Ric

> http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Don't feed the troll Ric please! Just kill file him

--
Cheers the Kiwi

Old 07-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Patton Echols