Old 06-30-2012, 03:46 AM
"Jeff G."

Default Grub not installing when Xubuntu installs

On 06/13/2012 07:41 PM, Liam Proven wrote:

it defaulted to
installing GRUB onto /dev/sdb, the 2nd hard disk and the one with
/home on it. Strange!

The root filesystem was on sda5 and it should have put GRUB onto /dev/sda.

So it does seem to me to be perfectly feasible for it to have picked
the wrong drive for you - it did for me.

Bodhi did the same thing to me while the installer specifically said it
was using sda1 during the grub install process - menu is OK, just has
the Bodhi on the slave drive as default - grub /was/ installed on sda1,
it just isn't used.

So it would seem...