Old 06-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Patton Echols

Default Remmina

When I remote connect to my office (WinXP), I have been using a script
that connects using rdesktop over ssh tunnel. It works, but there are
some papercut issues I have not been able to resolve. Now that my
laptop is upgraded to 12.04, I wanted to try out remmina and see if I
like it.

The XP desktop is expecting an ssh connection with a stored public key.
I don't want to change that end. but I am having trouble figuring out
what to put where in the remmina gui. I'd appreciate any guidance. The
script below.

#! /bin/bash

# ssh compress, redirect /dev/null, no remote console <host> <redirect> &=background

ssh -CnN -p 12345 patton@my.domain.com -L 3390:localhost:3389 &

#capture PID of ssh

PID=$!

#give a few seconds for the process to be set up

sleep 7

#start remote desktop

rdesktop -fzE -a 16 localhost:3390

# kill the ssh process after remote disconnects

echo "killing $PID"

kill $PID

echo "done, see you next time"

--
PE

Old 07-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Lázaro Morales

Hello,

Where I can find remmina for CentOS 6.3?

Thanks,
Lázaro.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Alexander Dalloz

http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=remmina&search_on=name&distro=82&arch=32-bit

> Thanks,
> Lázaro.

Alexander

Old 07-31-2012, 07:55 AM
Nux!

On 30.07.2012 17:04, Lázaro Morales wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Where I can find remmina for CentOS 6.3?
>
> Thanks,
> Lázaro.

Please be advised that latest Remmina requires GTK3 and as such cannot
be built on/for EL6.

Nux!
www.nux.ro