Old 07-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Gene Heskett

Default program launcher going wild

On Wednesday 04 July 2012 14:50:20 Gene Heskett did opine:

> On Tuesday 03 July 2012 05:29:24 Patrick Asselman did opine:
> > On 2012-07-03 06:16, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 03 July 2012 00:11:27 Amedee Van Gasse did opine:

> > > ls: cannot access /usr/share/doc/html: No such file or directory
> > >
> > > everything is there up to the html point
> >
> > From the error, it looks like you didn't use capital letters.
>
> It wouldn't make any difference.
>
> root@coyote:~# ls -l /usr/share/doc/HTML
> ls: cannot access /usr/share/doc/HTML: No such file or directory
>
> > What output does the "ls /usr/share/doc" give?
>
> Way too long to post to this list. According to wc -l 1998 items. None
> of which include any uppercase characters.
>
> > Best regards,
> > Patrick Asselman
>
> Thanks Patrick
>
> Cheers, Gene

For completeness of this thread, I reinstalled everything that I thought
came with HTML docs, getting an extensive /usr/share/docs/HTML directory,
so now I have a few dups in the menu's, then did an 'apt-get purge
konqueror' & then an 'apt-get autoremove', and it would appear I am fixed
again.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
... The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get
to know each other.
-- Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius", stardate 4372.5

Old 07-05-2012, 05:57 AM
Basil Chupin