Old 06-29-2012, 07:21 AM
jiten jha

Default Configuration of KVM

Dear Friends,

How to configure KVM on ubuntu 10.04. I searched on google but not getting right ans. so can some one send me set by set installation process.
--
Regards
Jitendra Jha

Old 06-29-2012, 09:40 AM
"compdoc"

> How to configure KVM on ubuntu 10.04.
*
I no longer use 10.04, but maybe I can help. To install, I use ' sudo apt-get install qemu-kvm ' but I do not install the recommended options that are listed. Then 'sudo apt-get install virt-manager ' if you want the gnome gui.
*
You may need to add your username to the group: *sudo adduser jitendra libvirtd*** (use your real username) Then log out and log back in for the group to take effect.
*
I would recommend you use a separate hard drive from your boot drive to store the VM image files, or performance will suffer.
*
Use raw or qcow2 image files. Raw makes a larger file, but is faster and fewer compatibility problems. Use qcow2 to keep the image files small.