Old 06-29-2012, 01:23 AM
inhee park

Default logging in then going to power-save-mode

Hello,

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with kernel 3.2.0-23-generic (x86_64).
From the fresh install, no problem logging into graphic mode.

After trying to connecting/disconnecting KVM switches (both DVI and VGA),
whenever I tried to login (from login-screen; lightdm), immediately my
monitor said "going to sleep (HP monitor)/power-safe-mode (Dell P2312H
monitor)" (I tested with two different monitors), then kicked me out
back to the login-screen.

I tried to turn off DPMS upon reboot, but no luck.
Nvidia configuration looks okay from /var/log/xconf.0.log.

Could you give me any suggestion?

Thank you very much,
_________
inhee park

Old 06-29-2012, 01:47 AM
Liam Proven

On 29 June 2012 02:23, inhee park <ipark.c@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS *with kernel 3.2.0-23-generic (x86_64).
> From the fresh install, no problem logging into graphic mode.
>
> After trying to connecting/disconnecting KVM switches (both DVI and VGA),
> whenever I tried to login (from login-screen; lightdm), immediately my
> monitor said "going to sleep (HP monitor)/power-safe-mode (Dell P2312H
> monitor)" (I tested with two different monitors), then kicked me out
> back to the login-screen.
>
> I tried to turn off DPMS upon reboot, but no luck.
> Nvidia configuration looks okay from /var/log/xconf.0.log.
>
> Could you give me any suggestion?

Could it be that you have chosen a screen resolution that your monitor
cannot display?

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884