Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Gene Heskett

Default No audio, fresh 10.04 LTS install

Greetings all;

I have installed several of the pulse config and viewing tools, but despite
seeing the results of running speaker-test -c8 in pavumeter, my speakers
are silent. I have a decent 3 speaker setup plugged into the green jack on
the back of an Audigy2 Value card that I can get noise out of if plugged
into something else.

Cat /proc/asound/devices:
root@coyote:/home# cat /proc/asound/devices
2: : timer
3: : sequencer
4: [ 0- 0]: hardware dependent
5: [ 0- 1]: raw midi
6: [ 0- 0]: raw midi
7: [ 0- 3]: digital audio playback
8: [ 0- 2]: digital audio playback
9: [ 0- 2]: digital audio capture
10: [ 0- 1]: digital audio capture
11: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
12: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
13: [ 0] : control
14: [ 0- 2]: hardware dependent
15: [ 0- 2]: raw midi
16: [ 0- 3]: raw midi
root@coyote:/home# cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [Audigy2 ]: Audigy2 - SB Audigy 2 Value [SB0400]
SB Audigy 2 Value [SB0400] (rev.0, serial:0x10011102)
at 0x9c00, irq 17

This card cannot drive analog when spdif is on, but I can't find a tool to
turn it on/off. It is not showing up in alsamixer.

Ideas anybody?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Time out error: Operator fell asleep while waiting for Windows NT to
complete
boot procedure.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Ric Moore