Old 06-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Jonathan Riddell

Default New Desktop Enviroment

> This desktop enviroment is based on KDE(which means that it will be
> programmed via C++)

Why not help KDE rather than create more fragmentation?

Jonathan

Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Dotan Cohen

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Ben Tinner <bentinner@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am informing you that I will create a new desktop enviroment called
> MGalaxy (Millennium Galaxy)
>
> This desktop enviroment is based on KDE(which means that it will be
> programmed via C++)

Why? There already exist KDE and Razor. I do wish you luck, but you
might do yourself a favour and identify what is wrong with KDE and
Razor before starting another one. If there are just a few bothersome
features, you would be doing yourself and everybody else a better
service by helping resolve those issues in KDE.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 06-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Liam Proven

On 26 June 2012 10:26, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why? There already exist KDE and Razor. I do wish you luck, but you
> might do yourself a favour and identify what is wrong with KDE and
> Razor before starting another one. If there are just a few bothersome
> features, you would be doing yourself and everybody else a better
> service by helping resolve those issues in KDE.

What the others said. Don't.

If you want to make a lighter KDE, contact the people behind KDE-Light
or SimpleKDE and offer to help.

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=88109

http://sourceforge.net/projects/simplekde/

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 06-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Jonesy

> Hello Everyone,=0A=A0=0AI am informing you that I will create a new desktop=
> enviroment called MGalaxy (Millennium Galaxy)=0A=A0=0AThis desktop envirom=
> ent is based on KDE(which means that it will be programmed via C++)=0A=A0=

Why?
http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net/
http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net/cdimages/
Jonesy

Old 06-26-2012, 12:49 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:06:26 +0000 (UTC)
Jonesy <gmane@jonz.net> wrote:

> > Hello Everyone,=0A=A0=0AI am informing you that I will create a new
> > desktop= enviroment called MGalaxy (Millennium Galaxy)=0A=A0=0AThis
> > desktop envirom= ent is based on KDE(which means that it will be
> > programmed via C++)=0A=A0=
>
> Why?
> http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net/
> http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net/cdimages/
> Jonesy

Cool! Maverick CDs from 2010. It's a blast from the past!

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326
Registered Ubuntu User # 2136-deprecated