Old 06-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Harsha Natarajan

Default KVM Error....

Hello Everyone*

* * * I am running Ubuntu 12.04 on the virtual box and I am trying to boot three hosts using KVM.*

When I try to boot a host I get the below reply and it takes a long time to boot even the first host and finally it hangs.*

root@harsha: /home/harsha/Downloads# Kvm -m 512 -net nic,macaddr=00:00:00:00:cc:10 -net tap,script=/etc/ovs-ifup,downscript=/etc/ovs-ifdown -cdrom /home/harsha/Downloads/ubuntu-12.04-desktop-amd64.iso
Could not access KVM Kernel Module: No such file or directory
failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory*
Back to tcg accelerator.

Can some one please let me know what could be the reason ?*

Thank you,*

--
Regards**Harsha Natarajan

Old 06-24-2012, 09:25 AM
"compdoc"

> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 on the virtual box and I am trying to boot three hosts using KVM.*
*
This sounds a bit confusing, so could you explain better? Virtualbox is the name of a virtualization software package, and so is qemu-kvm.
*
The 'host' is the computer running the virtualization software, and 'guests' are operating systems running on the host.
*
What OS is the host running?