Old 06-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Art Edwards

Default raid not booting: error: disk not found

My system, a Dell T7500 (8 CPU x86_64), running dual boot between ubuntu
(natty) and CentOS, has suddenly stopped booting. I get:

error: disk not found
grub rescue>

I should point out that the ubuntu side, where grub resides, is RAID 1,
while CentOS is not.
I have booted into a live cd and can mount all of the disks and see all
of the partitions. fsck returns no errors.

Art Edwards

Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Tom H

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Art Edwards
<edwardsa@icantbelieveimdoingthis.com> wrote:

> My system, a Dell T7500 (8 CPU x86_64), running dual boot between ubuntu
> (natty) and CentOS, has suddenly stopped booting. I get:
>
> error: disk not found
> grub rescue>
>
> I should point out that the ubuntu side, where grub resides, is RAID 1,
> while CentOS is not.
>
> I have booted into a live cd and can mount all of the disks and see all
> of the partitions. fsck returns no errors.

WHat's the output of bootinfoscript?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootinfoscript/files/bootinfoscript/