Old 06-19-2012, 05:11 PM
"Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I"

Default Accessing Certain File / Folders Quickly.....

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I've just recent;y
installed Ubuntu 12 on my Dell XPS laptop, and everything works just
fine. This isn't a "My hardware doesn't work properly" kind of thing. I
am the IT person for a SMB and I need a way to get to the "All"
installed applications quickly without having to go through the
"Desktop"...to "Applications"...to "Filter Results"......to "Installed /
Available For Download" moves. Is there a way to create some sort of
"Shortcut" that will take me STRAIGHT to the "All Installed
Applications"?......is there a procedure I can perform that will cause
this to happen daily whenever I need it to?

Thanks In Advance!

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Colin Law

On 19 June 2012 18:11, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I <eoconnor25@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I've just recent;y
> installed Ubuntu 12 on my Dell XPS laptop, and everything works just fine.
> This isn't a "My hardware doesn't work properly" kind of thing. I am the IT
> person for a SMB and I need a way to get to the "All" installed applications
> quickly without having to go through the "Desktop"...to "Applications"...to
> "Filter Results"......to "Installed / Available For Download" moves. Is
> there a way to create some sort of "Shortcut" that will take me STRAIGHT to
> the "All Installed Applications"?......is there a procedure I can perform
> that will cause this to happen daily whenever I need it to?

If you hold down the Super (Windows) key and hit A then it will take
you straight to the Applications lens which shows all installed apps.
However can you explain why you need to do this regularly, I suspect
there may be a better way of achieving whatever it is you are trying
to do.

Colin

Old 06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Avi Greenbury

"Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I" wrote:

> I am the IT person for a SMB and I need a way to get to the "All"
> installed applications quickly without having to go through the
> "Desktop"...to "Applications"...to "Filter Results"......to
> "Installed / Available For Download" moves.

Why? It sounds like this is part of the solution to a problem other
than simply viewing a list of all applications and there may be a
better means to the same end.

> Is there a way to create some sort of "Shortcut" that will take me
> STRAIGHT to the "All Installed Applications"?......is there a
> procedure I can perform that will cause this to happen daily whenever
> I need it to?

This sounds like what you're actually interested in is a list of all
installed apps, perhaps for the purposes of an audit?

--
Avi