-   -   12.04 key not prompting for file location anymore (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/674529-12-04-key-not-prompting-file-location-anymore.html)

Dave Woyciesjes 06-19-2012 02:17 PM

12.04 key not prompting for file location anymore

Upgraded to 12.04 the other day. Now when I hit the [Print Screen] key,
it takes the screenshot; but instead of prompting for where to put the
picture, it just defaults to the Pictures folder.

Searching around the interweb turns up nothing. Any pointers?

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy on the internet.

Marius Gedminas 06-19-2012 02:27 PM

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:17:23AM -0400, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
> Upgraded to 12.04 the other day. Now when I hit the [Print Screen]
> key, it takes the screenshot; but instead of prompting for where to
> put the picture, it just defaults to the Pictures folder.
> Searching around the interweb turns up nothing. Any pointers?

Seems to be a new GNOME 3.4 feature. I've found the gsettings key to change
the location, but I haven't found a way to have it pop up a save as
dialog.

(The key is org.gnome.gnome-screenshot.auto-save-directory BTW.)

Marius Gedminas
--
I've been in the sun for a week. I took the bold step of leaving my
laptop at home. I found only 4K messages pending when I returned.