Old 06-17-2012, 05:32 PM
"Jake Maier"

Default movie editing software

[JM]
Great, thank you very much Scott,
The software is for my 85 year old father who also wants to try open source
software from now on.
Jake

Old 06-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Kaj Haulrich

I'm not really sure if this is the right place, but would anyone
please like to volunteer some recommendation about video editing
software for Linux?
Thanks for any suggestion
Jake

This is a great place to ask that question. Check out MediBuntu and
also Ubuntu Studio.

http://medibuntu.org/
http://ubuntustudio.org/

W. Scott Lockwood

[JM]
Great, thank you very much Scott,
The software is for my 85 year old father who also wants to try open source
software from now on.
Jake

My recommendation for video editing will be Kdenlive. It pulls in a few
KDE libraries, but works excellent with lots of options.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
--- Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer---
--------- Running Linux Kubuntu 12.04 ---------

Old 06-17-2012, 06:12 PM
"Jake Maier"

[JM]
Thank you Kaj. Can I just use it straight with Ubuntu 12.04 or do I need to
install any extras in 12.04 before installing it. Will it take care of the
KDE libraries by itself or does it need user intervention?
Jake

Old 06-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Ric Moore