Old 05-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Ryan Gauger

Default System user

On 05/31/2012 08:15 AM, zingalo wrote:

good morning, i use ubuntu 11.10 for some clients.
The user can authenticate himself against a ldap-samba server (debian).
Everything runs but i don't like that once logged appear "System user"
as the name of the user (for example in the upper right) and not the
real user's name. Is possible to change it?

thanks

I don't quite understand the question, but you can change the user name
in System Settings->User Accounts. Authenticate to unlock all options,
then from there you can change the user name. Thanks!

In Christ,
Ryan

Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 PM
zingalo

good morning, i use ubuntu 11.10 for some clients.
The user can authenticate himself against a ldap-samba server (debian).
Everything runs but i don't like that once logged appear "System user"
as the name of the user (for example in the upper right) and not the
real user's name. Is possible to change it?

thanks

I don't quite understand the question, but you can change the user name
in System Settings->User Accounts. Authenticate to unlock all options,
then from there you can change the user name. Thanks!

In Christ,
Ryan

Thanks, but the user is not physically on the client, is on the server

Old 05-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Ryan Gauger

good morning, i use ubuntu 11.10 for some clients.
The user can authenticate himself against a ldap-samba server (debian).
Everything runs but i don't like that once logged appear "System user"
as the name of the user (for example in the upper right) and not the
real user's name. Is possible to change it?

thanks

I don't quite understand the question, but you can change the user name
in System Settings->User Accounts. Authenticate to unlock all options,
then from there you can change the user name. Thanks!

In Christ,
Ryan

Thanks, but the user is not physically on the client, is on the server

Oh, I thought you meant in general. How did I miss that? Sorry! Thanks!

Old 05-31-2012, 03:20 PM
"compdoc"

> Thanks, but the user is not physically on the client, is on the server

What program do they use to log in?

Old 05-31-2012, 03:50 PM
zingalo

if you mean login manager is lightdm

Old 06-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Tim Edwards

On Thu, May 31, 2012, at 04:40 PM, zingalo wrote:
> On 05/31/2012 03:32 PM, Ryan Gauger wrote:
> > On 05/31/2012 08:15 AM, zingalo wrote:
> >> good morning, i use ubuntu 11.10 for some clients.
> >> The user can authenticate himself against a ldap-samba server (debian).
> >> Everything runs but i don't like that once logged appear "System user"
> >> as the name of the user (for example in the upper right) and not the
> >> real user's name. Is possible to change it?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >>
> > I don't quite understand the question, but you can change the user name
> > in System Settings->User Accounts. Authenticate to unlock all options,
> > then from there you can change the user name. Thanks!
> >
> > In Christ,
> > Ryan
> >

> Thanks, but the user is not physically on the client, is on the server

In that case I'd ask the LDAP server admin to check what's in the LDAP
user database for the full names for the affected users.

Tim