Old 05-31-2012, 05:36 AM
Doug

Default Fullscreen flash video playback is too choppy - Mate

On 05/31/2012 01:18 AM, Evuraan wrote:

12.04, running Mate desktop - any idea why full screen flash video
playback is so choppy? Is there any work around?

thanks in advance!

Have you ever run full-screen video on this machine without it
being choppy? If not, then you probably need more memory
applied to video. Check BIOS to see if more memory is available
for video, and set it so. If there is no more memory available,
you're likely to need a video card with more memory than
whatever memory you're using now. I think you'd need about
1 GB to get rid of choppiness. Maybe somebody reading
can refine that. (I had on-board video--I forget how much
memory was applied to video, but it wasn't enough. I bought
a GeForce card with 2 GB and full-screen is no longer a
problem, but I think 1 GB would have been enough.

--doug