Old 05-30-2012, 03:18 PM
"compdoc"

Default problem with apt-get and wget

>, i configure the source.list and run apt-get update
>it is so slow and get the error data conection closed

Does this happen if you do not modify source.list?

Old 05-30-2012, 03:31 PM
"Luis Enrique Pomares Nuñez"

i recentilly installed a ubuntu 10.04 on my desktop PC fine, i configure
the source.list and run apt-get update it is so slow and get the error
data conection closed, them i try to download
W: Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp.icccv.sld.cu/repositorios/oneiric/dists/oneiric/main/binary-
i386/Packages.gz Data transfer failed, server said 'Data connection
closed, file transfer packages.gz aborted. '
when i try to download the packages.gz via wget
ftp://ftp.icccv.sld.cu/repositorios/oneiric/dists/oneiric/main/binary-
i386/Packages.gz
=> `Packages.gz'
Resolving ftp.icccv.sld.cu... 10.10.1.14
Connecting to ftp.icccv.sld.cu|10.10.1.14|:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD (1)
/repositorios/oneiric/dists/oneiric/main/binary-i386 ... done.
==> SIZE Packages.gz ... 1582667
==> PORT ... done. ==> RETR Packages.gz ... done.
Length: 1582667 (1.5M) (unauthoritative)

Its not are downloading and retry but nothing.
I tryed on a virtual machine and all work fine, mi source.list is fine,
so i tryed with ubuntu 12.04 and get the same result.
please help

Old 05-30-2012, 08:24 PM
"Luis Enrique"

| Does this happen if you do not modify source.list?

I cant try without modify my source.list because no internet conection from
my PC.