Old 11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
"Tyler J. Kemp"

Default Maildrop packages from dapper repositories lack courier-authlib support

Hello,

I've been working on setting up an e-mail server using postfix,
courier-imap and maildrop. Users for virtual domains are stored in a
mysql database as per the usual postfixadmin structure.

Courier authenticates clients who connect to their mailboxes
correctly. Postfix correctly processes incoming mail. However,
maildrop is unable to figure out how to deliver messages due to the
fact that the version I'm able to install from the dapper repositories
doesn't have Courier Authentication Library support. This means that
as far as maildrop is concerned, users do not exist because it isn't
able to access the mysql table containing such information.

Is there a repository that has a maildrop package that contains
courier-authlib/mysql support? I'd really like to try to avoid
compiling maildrop from source, as that's already given me headaches.

--
Very truly yours,
Tyler J. Kemp