Old 05-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Basil Chupin

Default why is wifi so slow to start up after suspend in unity ubuntu 12.04

On 20/05/12 21:12, user1 wrote:

I am using default network manager in unity ubuntu 12.04
After suspend wifi is slow to start up.
When I used ubuntu 10.10 it was up almost immediately after a suspend

No idea, but did you install 12.04 as a clean install or did you upgrade
from 10.10 to 12.04? (Is it considered to upgrade from 10.10 straight to
12.04 by skipping any earlier versions?)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.3 and kernel 3.3.6 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor

Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Hans Muecke

Am 20.05.2012 06:12, schrieb user1:
> I am using default network manager in unity ubuntu 12.04
> After suspend wifi is slow to start up.
> When I used ubuntu 10.10 it was up almost immediately after a suspend

Have you checked, if power management interfers? Some of the settings
might have changed during the upgrade?

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (110 to go)

2012/05/20 11:20
EDDS 201120Z 04004KT 020V090 9999 FEW038 BKN280 22/12 Q1005 NOSIG

Old 05-20-2012, 12:14 PM
user1

On Sun, 20 May 2012 11:12:57 +0000, user1 wrote:

> I am using default network manager in unity ubuntu 12.04 After suspend
> wifi is slow to start up.
> When I used ubuntu 10.10 it was up almost immediately after a suspend

I made a clean install - I have tried to upgrade a few earliere versions
never with any good result.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:03 AM
user1

The whole idea with Suspend is to close and open ubuntu with no delay,
(same like Mac) - when you sit waiting for wifi to connect each time
after a suspend the idea is gone?

Old 05-21-2012, 08:58 AM
"Alexander Skwar (ML)"

Am 05/20/12 13:12, schrieb user1:

I am using default network manager in unity ubuntu 12.04
After suspend wifi is slow to start up.
When I used ubuntu 10.10 it was up almost immediately after a suspend

FWIW, I also find that it's slow - certainly slower, than it was with
Ubuntu 11.10.

I initially installed 11.10 and then upgraded it to 12.04. I use Gnome3,
not Unity.

Alexander
--
☄ Google+ ↣ http://plus.skwar.me ☄
☛ Lifestream (Twitter, …) ↣ http://sup.skwar.me ☛

Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 PM
user1

I have now reverted to wired connection ethernet cable.
It connects immediately and the speed seems to be >3 times as fast as
wifi :-)

Old 05-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Hans Muecke

Am 21.05.2012 08:18, schrieb user1:
> I have now reverted to wired connection ethernet cable.
> It connects immediately and the speed seems to be >3 times as fast as
> wifi :-)

The only way I ever could achieve (near) immediate wifi connection was
without any encryption set up. And about the wifi speed ... that depends
on the standard you are using and/or signal quality.

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (109 to go)

2012/05/21 15:20
EDDS 211520Z 33003KT 9999 FEW037 FEW045CB SCT270 21/15 Q0997 NOSIG