Old 05-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Roger

Default Upgrade onereic

Hi all
I have a standard desktop pc.
I've been trying to upgrade Oneiric to Precise using the upgrade tool
which advises that 12.04 LTS is available
I click on the Upgrade button, it downloads the Release Upgrade Tool , 2
apps, then nothing happens., Ive waited 10 minutes watching the System
Monitor and there is no internet activity.

My daughter upgraded her laptop easily on Saturday evening but I have no
luck.

Any suggestions on how to proceed the upgrade are most welcome.
thanks
roger

Old 05-16-2012, 01:27 AM
Josh Stratton

Do you see a progress bar anywhere? Are any windows up? A few times
I've gone to upgrade and a dialog will popup behind some other window
blocking installation until I confirm something. Or other times the
install will attempt a restart and it will be blocked by some program
like a text editor that isn't exiting so make sure all your apps are
closed.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:36 AM
Roger

There is a progress bar for the release upgrade tool, then that
disappears and there are no other apps open, no windows open except for
the update Manager.
I've now tried on 3 machines, Dell 1520, Presario and my home desktop,
with wireless and eth0 with the same result. Most strange.

Roger

Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Steve Flynn