Old 05-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Liam Proven

Default Installing ”templates”

On 14 May 2012 17:31, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:
> The right click menu in Nautilus contains ”Create document” among
> other things. However, the only kind of document that I can create
> this way is an empty text file. ”No templates are installed”, it says
> (or something like that – I translated from Swedish). How can I
> install templates for this to work? I might want to be able to create
> empty ODF spreadsheets and other things this way.

If you put the relevant extension on the end of your new file, it will
open in the desired app.

So, for example, call you new file

ny_sida.odt

... then it will open in LibreOffice Writer.

I don't use templates myself so I can't tell you how to do that, but
adding a file extension will let you create an empty document of most
types.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 05-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Johnny Rosenberg

2012/5/14 Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com>:
> On 14 May 2012 17:31, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The right click menu in Nautilus contains ”Create document” among
>> other things. However, the only kind of document that I can create
>> this way is an empty text file. ”No templates are installed”, it says
>> (or something like that – I translated from Swedish). How can I
>> install templates for this to work? I might want to be able to create
>> empty ODF spreadsheets and other things this way.
>
> If you put the relevant extension on the end of your new file, it will
> open in the desired app.
>
> So, for example, call you new file
>
> ny_sida.odt
>
> ... then it will open in LibreOffice Writer.
>
> I don't use templates myself so I can't tell you how to do that, but
> adding a file extension will let you create an empty document of most
> types.

Okay, I guess I asked the wrong question, so I will try to rephrase it:
The ”Create document” option in the right click menu, mentioned in my
first post in this thread, is usually empty except for ”Empty file”.
How do I populate it with other kinds of documents?
I know lots of ways to create new documents, my question was only
about the right click menu.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・*ーゼンバーグ

Old 05-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Lucio M Nicolosi

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Johnny Rosenberg
<gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I guess I asked the wrong question, so I will try to rephrase it:
> The ”Create document” option in the right click menu, mentioned in my
> first post in this thread, is usually empty except for ”Empty file”.
> How do I populate it with other kinds of documents?
> I know lots of ways to create new documents, my question was only
> about the right click menu.

The answer is probably here:

http://linux.about.com/library/gnome/blgnome6n6h.htm

L.