Old 05-11-2012, 07:53 PM
"R Wooster"

Default new pc with radeon 6670hd GPU.. cant install ubuntu

Hi.
I recently bought¬* an Advent DT2111¬* PC with a AMD Radeon¬*
6670 HD GPU.
When trying to run Ubuntu off the disk, the screen goes all lines and then
switches to standby. Obviously Ubuntu starts with lower graphic setup. I
uncovered the motherboard D plug socket and plugged my monitor in there, to try
running Ubuntu and then hoping to download a driver to work the 6670HD card, but
there was no signal from motherboard on that socket.
¬*
¬*¬*¬* The PC is only weeks old and I don‚Äôt want to open it,
and void the guarantee.
Can someone suggest how I can get the system to work on this PC.
Bob
¬*

Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Michael Miles

I recently bought¬* an Advent DT2111¬* PC with a AMD Radeon¬* 6670 HD GPU.
When trying to run Ubuntu off the disk, the screen goes all lines and then switches to standby. Obviously Ubuntu starts with lower graphic setup. I uncovered the motherboard D plug socket and plugged my monitor in there, to try running Ubuntu and then hoping to download a driver to work the 6670HD card, but there was no signal from motherboard on that socket.
¬*
¬*¬*¬* The PC is only weeks old and I don‚Äôt want to open it, and void the guarantee.
Can someone suggest how I can get the system to work on this PC.
Bob
¬*
Okay is the 6670 a seperate card or is it built in to the mobo?
If it's built in then get into the bios then make sure the bios is set for internal graphics.
If it's separate then make sure the bios points to PCI-E ot AGP which ever the card is.
More than likely it is PCI-E
¬*
Give it a try and see.
Did it come with a Windows disk?