Old 05-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Chris

Default UPDATE: chkrootkit

On Fri, 11 May 2012 00:40:13 -0500
Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> wrote:

> On 5/11/2012 12:23 AM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> > On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I'm running 049, I believe that happens to be the latest in the
> >> ubu repo.
> >>
> >> I run my update once a day. Oddly enough, rkhunter checks the
> >> system clean.
> >
> > Do you have "similar" system where you can test if it gives the
> > same result?
> >
> > Or I can help you testing on a VM. Which Ubuntu version?
> >

> Here are the bits:
>
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-24-generic-pae i686)
> Actually, running Xubuntu.
>
> chkrootkit -V = chkrootkit version 0.49
>
> rkhunder -V = Rootkit Hunter 1.3.8
>
> apt-get update/upgrade runs once a day (out of habit when I ran
> Debian SID)

After this showed up in my logs from a cron that runs at midnight, the
anomaly showed Thursday morning however, after updating my system (as
I do daily sometime after I get home from work) and after this mornings
crons ran, I no longer see this show up.

I can only attribute this to an actual update that took place either
Wednesday evening or Thursday evening.

All appears to be well in both my scans this morning.
*shrug*

--
Keep well,

Chris