Old 05-10-2012, 07:50 PM
oxy

Default install xorg-server

hi

i downloaded xorg-server-1.12.1 and did './configure' inside and got:

"checking for GL... no
configure: error: Package requirements (glproto >= 1.4.14 gl >=
7.1.0) were not met:

No package 'gl' found

installed software in a non-standard prefix."

Any idea?
thx...

Ubu 12.04 64bit

Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM
sktsee

On Thu, 10 May 2012 21:50:31 +0200, oxy wrote:

> hi
>
> i downloaded xorg-server-1.12.1 and did './configure' inside and got:
>
> "checking for GL... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (glproto >= 1.4.14 gl >=
> 7.1.0) were not met:
>
> No package 'gl' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix."
>
> Any idea?
> thx...

I believe x11proto-gl-dev is the package you need.

--
sktsee

Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 AM
oxy

> I believe x11proto-gl-dev is the package you need.

no, i have it already

Old 05-11-2012, 11:59 AM
sktsee

I believe x11proto-gl-dev is the package you need.

no, i have it already

libgl1-mesa-dev

--
sktsee

Old 05-11-2012, 12:50 PM
oxy

> libgl1-mesa-dev

That was it. The next is

"No package 'xf86driproto' found"

I downloaded n started installing xf86driproto-2.1.1, but face

"configure.ac:15: error: must install xorg-macros 1.3 or later before
running autoconf/autogen"

Where is it for ubuntu?

thx

Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 PM
sktsee

On Fri, 11 May 2012 14:50:57 +0200, oxy wrote:

>> libgl1-mesa-dev
>
> That was it. The next is
>
> "No package 'xf86driproto' found"
>
> I downloaded n started installing xf86driproto-2.1.1, but face
>
> "configure.ac:15: error: must install xorg-macros 1.3 or later before
> running autoconf/autogen"
>
> Where is it for ubuntu?
>
> thx

Here's what I do when I want to compile a program from source and I'm not
sure what dependencies are required.

The following list isn't in any particular order:

1. Do a package search with apt-cache.

$ apt-cache search xf86driproto
x11proto-xf86dri-dev - X11 DRI extension wire protocol

2. Use apt-file to search for a particular config file
(you have to install the apt-file package and then run the update to
install its file indexes first)

$ apt-file search -l gl.pc
compiz-dev
libegl1-mesa-dev
libftgl-dev
libgegl-0.0-dev
libgl1-mesa-dev
libmrpt-dev
libtaoframework-ftgl-cil-dev
libtaoframework-opengl-cil-dev
libva-dev

Since this returned multiple results, I used "apt-cache show
<packagename>" to narrow the choices down.

3. Use apt-get to install all development packages needed to build the
version shipped with the distribution. Unless the source code has
radically changed between versions requiring new dependencies, or newer
versions of the same dependencies , more than likely you'll be able to
use those same development packages to build new version you want to
install.

a. enable sources repositories in Synaptic
b. reload packages indexes (either in Synaptic with 'Reload', or with
"sudo apt-get update"
c. Run "sudo apt-get build-dep <packagename>. In this case,

$ sudo apt-get build-dep xorg-server

4. Though I've not used it, you might want to try auto-apt which is
supposed to be an on-demand package installation utility. So when the
configure script tries to access a file not found on your system, but is
found in a not yet installed package, auto-apt will go fetch and
automatically install the needed package. Like I said, though, I've not
used it personally, so I can't tell you how well it works.

--
sktsee

Old 05-11-2012, 04:38 PM
oxy

i got it with the xorg-macros, but still cannt install xf86driproto-2.1.1:

cd xf86driproto-2.1.1
./autogen.sh
make install

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/me/tmp/xf86driproto-2.1.1'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig" || /bin/mkdir -p
"/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 xf86driproto.pc '/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig'
test -z "/usr/local/include/X11/dri" || /bin/mkdir -p
"/usr/local/include/X11/dri"
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 xf86dri.h xf86dristr.h
xf86driproto.h '/usr/local/include/X11/dri'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/me/tmp/xf86driproto-2.1.1'

... it skips install silently :-/